Web1

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Grad Card

Well with it being that time of the year again, I thought I would try and make a card that Mary-Jo received as a swap.
I spent some time measuring, looking, comparing, and; all that. So this is what I came up with. It is really a simple card.


You will need:
9 ¾ x 4 ¼ Basic Black
3X3 Neutral Card Stock (Very Vanilla or Whisper White)
4 x 5 ¼ Neutral Card Stock (Very Vanilla or Whisper White)
5 inches of Ribbon
Single brad

Ok so now that you know what you need let’s get started!
Take your Basic Black Card stock and score it at 5 ½ .
Don’t shoot me I didn’t take pictures while I did this… So if you don’t understand let me know.. I will do my best to make it make sense.
With your card stock folded, we are going to score three sides including the folded edge at 21/8
Once you have done this open the card and score the top end at 2 1/8.
Next is the hardest part! LOL
You are going to score an X. With the card open all the way ( the full 9 3/4 ) if you look at the marks you have made, you want the very bottom mark and the next mark on the other side. You will have one mark left. Score this line. Then do the same on the other side.
Once that is done we get to figure out what those marks that are left are for. We are going to cut these marks. Well kinda! LOL What you need to do now is cut on an angle from the top of the open card to either side of the card. This is going to form the cap.
After that is done your card should look something like this minus the Whisper White shown here.


Now take your 4 X5 ¼ card stock and mark at 2inches on three sides and cut on angle. This is now your inside for the card!
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, Thank you so much for taking the time to post the instructions... This is a very nice, fun Graduation card. Thanks again,
    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Please leave advice. If there is something I have learned over the years it is that I can learn from others. See a card you would change, let me know what you would change! Thanks for your time!